Usra Mentorship Program
Usra Mentorship Program for Young Muslim Leaders
Our Usra Mentorship Program is designed to spiritually develop Muslim middle schoolers, high schoolers and young adults who demonstrate leadership in the community.
Who is usra for?
The Usra Mentorship Program is specifically for youth who demonstrate leadership in the community and are ready to commit to their personal development with the facilitation of a mentor and the support of their usra members. We specifically seek to attract youth who:
- are involved in consistent volunteering in the community – whether at MAS, a masjid, or any other organization
- put in effort to develop a deeper understanding of Islam through attending a halaqa consistently or some form of Islamic learning
- are self-motivated individuals who value the role of mentors in their life
- are ready to invest in other brothers/sisters and their path of self-development as well through usra
- understand the MAS vision and mission and are members or considering becoming one very soon
What if someone is interested in usra but not ready yet?
- We encourage them to attend public programs for all youth-at-large. These programs can be found on our website at the “Youth” tab under “Programs.”
- Start seeking out volunteer opportunities.
- Become a MAS member through this link!
- Express interest in joining usra by filling out this form https://bit.ly/UsraInterest and we will recommend current learning and volunteer opportunities until it’s time to join an usra.
Core Pillars of Usra
What do I get out of usra?
“Usra” is an Arabic word that means family. The more you put in to usra, the more you will get out of it.
Usra focuses on 3 pillars:
- RELATIONSHIPS – building a bond with your mentor in which you can go to them for advice and they can help you in your personal development journey as well as you and your usra members being there for each other through whatever you go through
- LEARNING – grow in your understanding of Islam and practical application of it through weekly usra meetings and activities
- ACTIVISM – opportunities to give back to the community through consistent volunteer efforts and civic engagement